This simple yet effective workout is guaranteed to make you feel the burn, the best part is you can do it anywhere as no equipment is required (although we do recommend doing it in your best pair of undies, but we are biased)
We all have our excuses; ‘I’ll do it later’, ‘I’m too busy’ but that stops now! We can all spare 15 minutes in our day to benefit our health.
Now this all might sound very narcissistic, you may be thinking ‘but I don’t want abs’ or ‘there is so much pressure to look good nowadays’ but this 15 minute workout is not only designed to engage your core, it will also work your cardiovascular system using the HIIT method (High Intensity Interval Training) and everybody can benefit from a healthy heart!
So enough of the boring stuff, clear a space to work out (right now!) and follow the workout below.
Complete the circuit 6 times in total with a 30 second rest at the end of each circuit.
Bike Crunches - 30 Seconds
- Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground. For this exercise, you will need to put your hands beside your head. Now lift your shoulders into the crunch position.
- Bring knees up to where they are perpendicular to the floor, with your lower legs parallel to the floor. This will be your starting position.
- Now simultaneously, slowly go through a cycle pedal motion kicking forward with the right leg and bringing in the knee of the left leg. Bring your right elbow close to your left knee by crunching to the side, as you breathe out.
- Go back to the initial position as you breathe in.
- Crunch to the opposite side as you cycle your legs and bring closer your left elbow to your right knee and exhale.
Russian Twist - 30 Seconds
- Lie on your back on an exercise mat.
- Raise your legs up so that your thighs form a 90-degree angle with your torso. Your knees can be slightly bent.
- Extend your arms out to either side of you, palms facing down.
- Contract your abs and rotate through your torso, bringing your legs down and to the right. Use control — don't just let your legs fall to the floor.
- Stop when your legs are hover above the floor, or when you are no longer able to keep both shoulder blades on the mat.
- Using your abdominal strength, raise your legs back up to centre, then repeat on the other side.
Side Plank - 30 Seconds
- Start on your side with your feet together and one forearm directly below your shoulder.
- Contract your core and raise your hips until your body is in a straight line from head to feet.
- Hold the position without letting your hips drop for the allotted time for each set, then repeat on the other side.
- Lie face up on the floor with your legs and arms straight.
- Hold your arms straight above the top of your head.
- In one movement, simultaneously lift your torso and legs as if you’re trying to touch your toes. Your torso and thighs should form a letter “V.”
- Lower your body back to the starting position.
REST - 30 Seconds
Now that you're done you should feel your abs burning! We recommend doing this workout 3 times a week along side a healthy and balanced diet for best results.